Two cracking Harbour Watch winners including Brocklesby 2yoThe turf Flat season got off to an excellent start yesterday for Tweenhills based sire Harbour Watch.
Representing Harbour Watch's second crop Santry won the 5f Betway Brocklesby Conditions Stakes (Div 1), the first main two-year-old turf race of the season, at Doncaster.
Santry has speed and stamina in his pedigree and should prove a useful two-year-old for owners Ray Flegg, John Bousfield and Steve Ryan.
Trainer Declan Carroll said: "Santry's been a natural from the day we put a saddle on him. We'll enjoy today and see how we go, there'll be no rushing as he's not just an early two-year-old."
Also on Saturday 1st April, Harbour Watch's three-year-old Wefait landed the Betfred TV EBF Maiden Stakes over 1m2f at Kempton for Richard Hannon and owner Mohamed Saeed Al Shahi.
Trainer's assistant Tom Ward said: "After his last run Wefait came on a lot fitness-wise. He wants further, and a mile and a half will be his trip. He's progressive."
Placed twice in his previous three starts Wafait was bred by Conor Murphy & Rathmore Stud. Santry was also bred by Peter Molony of Rathmore Stud.
Certainly two more exciting Harbour Watch prospects to look out for this season!
- Two Golden performers to note 22nd April 2017
- Harbour Watch heads second crop sires table 19th April 2017
- Watch out for these Harbour runners 19th April 2017
- Two Havana Gold 2yo breezers realise six figures 12th April 2017
- First-season sires smashing results across the globe 5th April 2017
- Two cracking Harbour Watch winners including Brocklesby 2yo 2nd April 2017
Back to top >>